Saturday, July 21, 2018

Honeymoon over

13th Jul (Fri)

My honeymoon is over.  Today marks the first day of my work as a part timer.  Due to my mum's condition, I won't be in a full-time position.

There are some people who was telling me, why don't you put your mum in a nursing home.  Nursing home has never cross my mind unless there comes the day when my mum's condition has deteriorate and I can't cope and do not know how to take care of her.

As I let my mum takes the transport to the Day Care Centre, not easy to get a part-time job which suits the timing.  I have ever consider bringing her in myself, but thinking of her mobility and also the unpredictable weather, if it's rain, my head will be very big.

It so happen that I was enquiring at this fast food chain whether they are hiring part timer and that I can only work from this hour to this hour as I need to bring my mum to wait for the transport and see that she boards the transport before I leave.  And I need to be back before the transport brings her back.


At first, I thought that for me, no meal will be provided as I only work for a few hours, but the manager said have, so I had chicken burger.

After coming back home, I then realise it's the so called Friday the 13th.

Since now I'm no longer in honeymoon mood and not deck bound job, I might not be able to visit blog frequently and might not be updating often.

10 comments:

  1. All the best in your part time job. Hope everything goes well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, wishing you all the best in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really stressful, working and taking care of someone - been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, all this time you were not working? All the best to you on your job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the best in ur new job ;-) take care and dun over-stress ya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best in your part-time job, Sharon and may you have a good boss :)

    ReplyDelete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.