Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Overeating?

Same routine, my mum went for the Friday Breakfast Session at PPH CSC.


Milo


As usual, the same old food, Bee Hoon with Kway Teow, fried egg, half fried Butterfly Bun.


Porridge

After the Breakfast Session, went back and did some housework and do a bit of cooking, then bring my mum down at around 12 plus to PPH CSC again for a cup of Milo and we went there till around 2pm.  Came back and my mum had her lunch.  Then at around 4pm, made 2 leaf bun sandwich with luncheon meat for her.  At around 5 plus, she ask me to bring her downstairs again.


This round, she had Tosai @ $1.30.  Then she ask me to order plain rice for her.  As I have cook extra rice earlier on, as thought of frying rice the next day, so I told her, I have rice at home. We don't order rice, we go back and eat.  When back, she change her mind, she wanted leaf bun, so steam 2 for her sandwich with luncheon meat.

Is this consider over eating for an elderly?

Then when I thought that I will go for the workout at my neighborhood park at 7.30pm, there came a WhatsApp message that the session was cancelled as the Instructor was not feeling well.

15 comments:

  1. Be thankful she can eat! My father would not eat, says everything so hard, complain...complain...complain...and so weak, most likely from the lack of food and nutrition. My mum, though bedridden, is better and much easier to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum, certain food, she will also complain hard...

      Delete
  2. There won't be many years left when she could eat so well with good appetite. Just let her eat as much so that she gets all the energy and nutrients to be healthy.

    If you find that the food served at PPH CSC is flat and tasteless sometimes, you can bring along some small bottles of sauces in your bag! I do that always in China with plenty of chilly, ketchup and etc etc etc in my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she wants to eat, I will let her eat, only worry is I thought is overeating...

      Delete
  3. Let her eat, Sharon. As long as she has good appetite and can eat well, that is a blessing. My grandma is over 90 now and she still can eat well and very healthy and active. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thumb up to your grandma...

      My Zumba kaki, her mum over 90, heard her mention her mum no appetite...

      Delete
  4. Make her some chinese tea to aid digestion. Happy belly is a happy mummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must ask her first if she wants, if not, she won't drink...

      Delete
  5. I don't think it's overeating ba! As long as her weight is not over than average weight....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, let her enjoy eating whatever she like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good appetite is a good sign. If no appetite you will worry because she will be under nourished. As long as she is not gaining weight, I think it should be alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, if no appetite, that will be more worrying...

      Delete
  8. I am envious. Your mom has an amazing appetite .. and you are wonderful for keeping up! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.