Friday, December 2, 2016

Deepavali Dinner (2nd Nov)

Was invited to 2014 Subaru Challenge winner Brother Jaishanker house on 2nd November for Deepavali Dinner.


(1) There's a few type of cookies at the table, but i ask the host which items is homemade by the wife.  Fruit cake baked by the wife, heard need 4 hours of preparation.  See the hole there, me eaten by me, 2 pieces, haha....


(2) The above, not sure what's the name of it, it's made by the host sister, the rest of the cookies, i didn't take pictures since it's bought from outside.


(3) Ketupat made by the wife


(4) Soto ingredients prepared by the wife


(5) My bowl of soto


(6) Satay - Bought from outside


(7) Fruits

18 comments:

  1. I love Indian. I think there's some in my blogpost tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I go with you, the fruit cake will have bigger hole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh? How come Deepavali got ketupat and soto one? Thought those are Malay food...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paiseh to ask but my guess it, the satay is requested by someone, so the ketupat is made by the wife to go with it... As for the soto, maybe a change as not to cook same foods as last year, that's my guess...

      Delete
  4. Nice visiting. So much food to enjoy. I was also thinking of the ketupat. A Malay food but I guess everything is mixed culture now. Like me, have Nalay food catering for CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The item in the 2nd picture is the muruku. I used to love muruku but now have to mind my teeth. The soto looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahhh..lots of food and all I like too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a lot of food wo!! I din't had any Deepavali invitations also, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 真的很久沒有吃過印度料理了呢。你可是很享受喲:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always nice to get together with friends for a home-cooked meal. It all looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.