Friday, February 12, 2016

1st Day of CNY @ 大伯家 ~ 正月初一

Ever since the passing on of my grandparents, every year during Lunar New Year 1st day, we will gather at my dad eldest brother house for lunch.  He will cater for the foods as our family is big.  I only manage to take picture of some of the foods.


(1) Chicken


(2) Mee Siam, i didn't take picture of the gravy for the mee siam


(3) Prawn, i loves it


(4) I can't recall what's the name of this dish


(5) Got otah, ngoh niang


(6) Kueh lapis, not bad in which i eat 2 pc, have to workout extra hard liao to burn off those calories.

There's still satay which i didn't manage to take picture and it is well-received by everyone that all the satay finish in no time.  Also there's soup that i didn't take picture. 


(7) Loi hei


(8) Tossing time


(9) My 三姑 didn't manage to get any intestine, so this intestine is prepared by my 大伯.


(10) My cousin who is station in Shanghai is back for Chinese New Year, with her this year is her driver from Shanghai and the driver daughter, the driver mother made some 糕点 and gave each family a piece of it.  Just need to steam and eat.


14 comments:

  1. I quite like the layer cake.

    Wishing you and family a Happy Chinese New Year, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like it...

      Happy Lunar New Year to you and your family Yee Ling...

      Delete
  2. Huh? Mee Siam got gravy? Another dish with difference between Malaysian and Singaporean version :/ ...

    And, now I know why some people talk about this strange thing called Lou Hei (strange to me)... Singaporean name for Lou Sang huh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, have gravy... Have dry version too, but mostly most places i saw, got gravy...

      Not too sure about Malaysia, here they also call 捞鱼生...

      Delete
  3. Happy CNY family gathering. My favourite will be the layered cake and loi hei.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo....nyonya mee siam! I like!!! The otah, also...but the best is the one we have here - at Payung Cafe. Wahhhh!!!! Got kek lapis. This one is Indonesian style, I think...baked, so drier and with cinnamon, different from Sarawak's. So many things to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loves the otah that i always see in your blog, hehe... Ya, a lot of things to eat, hehe...

      Delete
  5. The veggie I think it was "lo han chai" as they called it. A vegetarian dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your uncle prepared so much food there!! but from the set up, can see that he actually asked for catering service, right?? so, how many "lou hei" you had for this CNY??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, he cater for the foods, hehe...

      Very less this year... :(

      Delete
  7. I love to eat Kueh lapis. I think we call it Kek Lapis sometimes. I love those from Indonesia as they often put spices inside. They are very expensive in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loves it too... Same here, they are quite expensive...

      Delete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.