Monday, February 15, 2016

1st Day of CNY @ Relative house ~ 正月初一

After the lunch gathering at my 大伯 place, went to another relative house (My mum's side).


(1) Chinese New Year cookies


(2) As another relative (not too sure the relation, i only know is relative) is around, i have to have a quick snap of the food before tucking in, blogger habit, taking picture before eating, when she saw me taking picture, she said, reporter, haha...

Inside this dish, there is mushroom, which i understand the mushroom is bought from Hong Kong by a close friend of their who went Hong Kong, gao luck, dried oyster.


(3) This is my all time favourite, homemade ngoh hiang


(4) Chap chye, i wanted to eat, but as i had a heavy lunch at my 大伯 house in the afternoon and also eating the CNY cookies, etc, not really very hungry,  i didn't eat it.


(5) Curry chicken


(6) Chicken soup with mushoom and fish maw, i didn't realise it's chicken claw, till a relative ask me if i eat chicken claw, i said not, so the chicken claw, it was given to another relative who eats chicken claw.  The relative wanted to exchange her chicken piece with the chicken claw, but no lah, i told her, my stomach can't fill in any liao if she were to give me the chicken piece. 

28 comments:

  1. Show food only kah, no photos of people and house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sharon and Gong Xi Fa Cai to you & family. I'm back to work today, miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Princess Ribbon, you're back!!! Miss you too...

      Delete
  3. Gong Xi Fatt Chai!

    The curry chicken had me drooling leh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sharon,
    Lovely homecooked food enjoy your 8th day prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon Elaine...

      Yes, lovely homecooked food... Errr, i don't do the 8th day prayers...

      Delete
  5. Wah..so much to eat! All also look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aiyo CNY, eat lah. Eat first then talk. After CNY can go on diet again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 通常我们第一天都会留在家里与家人度过,很少这么早趴趴走拜年的:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually i 1st day will have to go out early, as my relatives stays far away, and usually my father side, they will meet for lunch at my uncle house...

      Delete
  8. wah, what a happening 1st day of CNY for you.. you went 拜年 from house to house and you also 大吃 from house to house!! hehehehe.. those dishes look great and i especially like the 五香 and fish maw soup.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My uncle house is big and beside he's the eldest in the family, so usually, we will go to his house on the 1st day of CNY, hehe...

      All the dishes, i loves, and i always look forward to those foods, hehe...

      Delete
  9. Wow..so much food too.. that is why I like CNY.. lots of goodies and nice food to taste!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, a lot of foods, hehe... Me too like CNY especially the gathering, hehe...

      Delete
  10. So many yummy food that I like! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, all the foods are yummy... You too have a happy week ahead...

      Delete
  11. I always enjoy home-cooked food. I love all of them! Pity you were full from your previous visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was greedy and overeat during the previous visit, kaka...

      Delete
  12. I had no CNY celebrations this year, so it was quiet and boring for me.

    Your cookies are so nice!! I want!

    ReplyDelete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.