Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Senior Friendship Circle

From what I understand, from the notice board at my place, there's Senior Friendship Circle at my Constituency on every 3rd Sunday of the Month.  But my mum didn't attend.  It so happen, last Friday evening, I went to my neighbourhood park for my weekly workout organize by the RC.  My mum wanted to go and have a walk.  After the workout, the RC Chairman, who happen to be there, came and chit with my mum.  He invite her over to the Senior Friendship Circle last Sun, usually they will have it at 8am on Sun.  It so happen last Sun, they have event going on in the morning, so the Senior Friendship Circle was change to 12 noon.  And ask me to bring my mum there.


(1) I brought my mum there last Sun, they have 2 ladies from National University Hospital to come and talk on Hearing Loss.  Didn't know that they have the talk, so I didn't bring any paper or notebook to note down on the symptoms of Hearing Loss.

Based on my memory, they mention if someone calls you from behind, you can't hear till the person have to pat you, one of the symptom.  If you on the volume of the television, radio, so loud till your grandchild said that it's too loud, another symptom. The rest of the symptom, return what I have heard to the speakers.


(2) They also ask if any person is interested in the above hearing testing and only 9 slots left.



(3) Then lunch is served, which is nasi lemak


(4) Fruit will be banana


(5) Someone sponsor Tuna, and each senior gets a can of it

They also celebrate February seniors birthday with a cake, I didn't manage to take picture of the cake as it so happen my mum finish her nasi lemak, I have to help her with the clearing of the plate.


23 comments:

  1. Who pays for everything? Sponsors? Generous donors? That is very nice, caring for the elderly. Would be nice if they have volunteers to help take care of the really very old ones - I sure would need some help right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to ask my friend who's helping out in the RC at her constituency, she mention different RC, different program, so didn't manage to find out who pays for everything...

      Delete
  2. Good Afternoon Zumba Queen

    It is so hot today. I wish it will snow here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon TM... Same here... It's so hot here that I wish there's a swimming pool right in front of me that I can jump inside, haha...

      Delete
  3. I salute Singapore for having the most activities for the senior citizens. Not many countries are so caring and efficient on this concept. I had seen that different areas have their own community services in Singapore. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, different areas have their own community services...

      Delete
  4. When I am old and retired, I should move to live at Ang Mo Kio. Nice area with nice parks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nasi lemak looked so dry without much sambal or curry as gravy. Anyway, I won't complain any free food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have put the sambal into the individual plate as a guy went around asking everyone if they want sambal...

      Delete
  6. Good to have activities and free medical check and treatment for the senior over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the medical check and treatment not free leh, have to pay for it leh...

      Delete
  7. How nice if we have something like this in my area. I hope your mum will continue to join them and make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hope she can mingle around with the people there...

      Delete
  8. Yes, Singapore is very concerned about elderly people, good, good... you are very cute.. the 3rd symptom, you have returned it to the speakers... hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. There's a guy who went around asking everyone if they want sambal, the sambal is nice...

      Delete
  10. Actually as we grow older, hearing will sure 退步 one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that Singapore places so much care towards the Seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Singapore is so amazing when it comes to care for the elderly. I wish we had the same here.

    ReplyDelete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.