Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Week 11 (Part 3)

16th Mar (Fri)


Walk over to PPHCSC while my mum is waiting for the transport, seeing that there is a long Q, I walk off.  At first I thought, forget it, thought I won't walk back again.  Second thought, Alan, who used to be the manager of PPHCSC, will be leaving with his wife for Thailand on 19th March.  Heard that he will be station there for 8 years.  If I didn't go and see him, don't know when I will get to see him again.

After my mum board the transport to the Day Care Centre, I walk back to PPHCSC.


Same food as last Friday, bee hoon with youtiao.


Lontong prepare by the Director and staff of PPHCSC.

Auntie Lee is there, she was chatting about her favourite topic, money.  This round, about her granddaughter.  She mention about her granddaughter starting Polytechnic next month.  Need to buy laptop, cost around 1000 plus.  Course fee money, transport fee money.  Polytechnic no need to wear uniform, money to buy clothes.

I always see residents playing rummy o, I have observe how they play before, so I roughly know a bit.  It so happen there's an auntie who is also not very familiar, so together with the auntie, we learn from a staff who taught us how to play.

While playing, we were ask whether we still want lontong.  I ask whether I can get for my mum, actually not supposed to tabao as the foods are suppose to be consume inside PPHCSC.  The Director is nice to let me tabao for my mum.  So I make my way to the Day Care Centre after playing a while rummy o.


Lunch was mi tai bak with vegetable and fried fish.  No prize for guessing who has to help my mum finish the food since I bring the lontong over for her.


My dessert, mao shan wang ice cream @ $3.90, @ My Little Ice Cream Shop.


In the afternoon, my mum group activity is sing karaoke.  Tea break after the karaoke session is chwee kueh and a banana muffin made by another group of elderly.

While back, bump into a old neighbour, old as in, the neighbour has been staying there for a long time.  He was asking how much  I pay for the fee for my mum Day Care Centre.  Told him there's subsidy from Government, depending on individual salary.  Then he reply me, social welfare. I was confuse as all the while, I thought the subsidy is funded by Ministry of Health. 


I message the Social Worker who is in charge of Elder Sitting before my mum went to the Day Care Centre in which she's not sure.   Hmmm, gotta find out more about it.

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!! I see vegetables. What are those? I see a lot of chillies in it - I'd like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, most of the vegetable, I do not know the name of it...

      Delete
  2. I like the way Singapore has set up so many Day Care Centers which are subsidized to help the seniors. It is almost unheard of here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that in Malaysia, Seniors see doctor, free, in Singapore, have to pay...

      Delete
  3. the senior citizens are well-cared in SG. Here we dun have much subsidy like this for the elderly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard from a neighbourhood neighbour Malaysia, senior do not have to pay to see doctor, she's a PR in Singapore, and she hop over to JB see doctor as in Malaysia, no need to pay, Singapore, medical fee, expensive...

      Delete
  4. The mi tai bak looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I see the lunch serve in the Day Care Centre, not bad...

      Delete
  5. Oo..nice food as usual, Sharon! I think we will make great makan buddies ;D

    ReplyDelete

online degree advantage
Learn about online degree programs.